1K views

Update by user Jan 28, 2013

So, about two weeks after my rant above, I get the following template email from hottopic.com:

Hey there !

Thanks for emailing us at hottopic.com!

First of all thanks so much for taking the time to shoot us an

email!

Secondly, I sincerely apologize for the delay in a response. The holidays are here and we got slammed hard! We are doing everything we can to get to each and every email. As I reviewed your order it looks like you have been assisted. If I am wrong and you still need help, go ahead and hit us up by calling 1.800.892.8674. Please know that it is crazy busy right now and although the wait might be a little longer than usual this is the best way to assist you right away. You can always contact a customer service representative Monday-Friday 7 am - 6 pm and Saturdays from 7 am - 5 pm.

Thanks in advance for your understanding! We look forward to assisting you with anything you need! Until then, have an awesome rest of the week!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to this email or give us a call at 1-800-892-8674 or +1-626-709-1189 for international callers.

Thanks again for emailing Hot Topic!

The money was eventually refunded for my first order, but I never received the gift card from the second order, plus they charged me for it. So, needless to say, I stand by my argument - hottopic.com sucks and I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2012

I placed an order with them two weeks ago, well within the "guaranteed by December 24th" delivery window. I ordered $38 bucks worth of stuff, had $70 left in my PNC Wallet account and they rejected the order due to insufficient funds. I transferred $100 to the account and tried again. This time the order went through, but I was concerned they would run the first order again, so I called customer service. I held for over 20 minutes to speak with a gentleman named "Kevin" whom did not speak, nor understand English. I believe he said he would cancel the order, but over 10 days later it still has a "being fulfilled" status. The money from my PNC Wallet account has not been restored.

The second order I placed arrived on December 20th , minus one item - a gift card for my daughter-in-law. The packing slip said it would ship separately. Needless to say, it's now December 27th and I'm not here to post that my order was completely fulfilled. The gift card never came. I emailed their customer service department this time, since my first call to "Kevin" was pointless and frustrating, and have not yet heard anything. I don't expect to either.

I am going out of my way to tell as many people as I can about Hottopic.com's crappy service. I won't shop there again and I hope others will avoid them as well.

Had an Experience with Hot Topic?

Comments

Haven't bought anything from them. But I'd always be weary of any company that spams people.

thats *** you ***

layde7
to Anonymous Louisville, Kentucky, United States #600474

Hey "Anonymous", why are you being so harsh? If you're going to make a comment like that, it would be helpful if you could explain why you think my complaint is ***. Do you honestly think I'd go to the trouble to post a fake complaint?

Maybe you work for hottopic.com? Are you "Kevin", the inept retard who tried helping me when I called their customer service line?

Go troll elsewhere if you can't contribute something that's worth reading.