Hot Topic - Sent merchandise that I did not order and charged me for it.

I ordered a magenta and white dress as shown in my confirmation email and packing slip.I didn't get a magenta and white dress.

Instead they sent a black and white dress. At first I thought it was an honest mistake and I would send the dress back and get the magenta one. First call to customer service was 15 minutes of "I didn't order a black and white dress" "Yes, you did" "No, I didn't" etc. When he said, "It shows that no one went in and changed your order" I got suspicious.

I double checked my email and packing slip, both said magenta and white dress. When I checked my account, it showed that I ordered a black and white dress. Legally, if a company sends me a dress that I didn't order, I'm not obligated to pay. Which is exactly why someone at changed my order - to force me to pay for something that I did not order.

It's sneaky and fraudulent!They refuse to issue a refund and I refuse to return the dress that I did not order until they investigate this fraudelent activity!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #641154

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hot Topic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hot Topic. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Hot Topic.
Filing a new complaint about