Hot Topic - Sent merchandise that I did not order and charged me for it.
I ordered a magenta and white dress as shown in my confirmation email and packing slip.I didn't get a magenta and white dress.
Instead they sent a black and white dress. At first I thought it was an honest mistake and I would send the dress back and get the magenta one. First call to customer service was 15 minutes of "I didn't order a black and white dress" "Yes, you did" "No, I didn't" etc. When he said, "It shows that no one went in and changed your order" I got suspicious.
I double checked my email and packing slip, both said magenta and white dress. When I checked my hottopic.com account, it showed that I ordered a black and white dress. Legally, if a company sends me a dress that I didn't order, I'm not obligated to pay. Which is exactly why someone at hottopic.com changed my order - to force me to pay for something that I did not order.
It's sneaky and fraudulent!They refuse to issue a refund and I refuse to return the dress that I did not order until they investigate this fraudelent activity!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Fraudulent actions of hottopic.com
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "I saw an ad for this website on facebook & a great looking white coat for cheap. It seemed too good to be true (free shipping & all) but I..."
- "I bought a dress from this company and received it on Wednesday (11/5/14) as soon as I opened the package and held it up, I knew something was wrong. ..."
- "I have purchased several products from Essential Dermcare over the past few years. I have had two specific problems. One item wa sold in a glass dispenser, part of which..."
- "IncidentI purchased a Red and black contemporary sofa from LA furniture via ebay! I called prior to purchase to confirm the red was primary red rather than some off color...."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."