Hot Topic - Poor Customer Service

88 of 131 Hot Topic reviews

I ordered three band T-shirts online as I thought the designs were cool on Dec 29.

As I'm an international customer, it irritated me that I had to call them just to confirm my order as international calls are expensive. The customer service officer made a lame excuse about not understanding my accent and kept me on the phone for 8mins where he asked me to repeat my personal particulars several times.

Then, after my order got processed, I wanted to change one of my shirts. I emailed their customer service on December 30 and got this unprofessional reply on January 5. While I get that it's the holiday season and they may have a lot of backlog, better customer service should be implemented as I nearly thought it was a scam when I received said reply.

This is an online transaction and therefore I don't comprehend why I have to repeatedly make international phone calls just to confirm/change my order, when email should work sufficiently.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Slow replies

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
T-Shirt
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #578895

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hot Topic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
88 of 131 Hot Topic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.