2.3

On November 21 I purchased 5 items inside the HotTopic store.One of the items was not available in the size I needed...

so the sales clerk offered to look it up on online and have it shipped to me. It was available. I received conformation that the order was placed and will be shipped within 24hrs. On November 25 Black Friday I received an email saying that the item is no longer in stock.

I was in Europe when I received this email. The following Monday when I returned back to the States I called Customer service (had a hard time understanding them with their accent). Had to go to the store since it was difficult having a conversation with someone who you had to keep repeating things over and over. (I believe this was a tactic used to frustrate the consumer to give up your complaint).

I talking to the store clerk ... I find out that this is very common that people order items online and their inventory is not accurate. I was referred back to the 1-800 number since they are the only ones take can credit or give vouchers. (I had to go to another company to purchase the same lounge pants at a higher price now that everything was sold out after Black Friday) How can a company do business if they do not know what kind of inventory they have on hand?

Plus why did it take them 5 days to realize they do not have this item? The Customer Service doesn't help. They're English is perfect when they think your buying something but when you complain they're English becomes broken. By the way ...

formal complaints with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) gave Hot Topics an "F" rating score.Based on Failure to respond to 111 complaints against business (this was just for online issues alone)

Review about: Hot Topic Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: $10 gift card for the difference bc I had to purchase for $30 elsewhere.

I liked: Genuine sales clerk inside store florence ky.

I didn't like: Customer service, Customer service 1-800.

Had an Experience with Hot Topic?

Comments