I put in an order for over $400.00 on November 23rd during their $10.00 t-shirt sale. My account got charged right away, then three days later got deposited back in my account.

I called after a week and was told my order was shipping out the next day. Four days later, it still hadn't shipped, so I called again. They said my ENTIRE order (over 30 items) was on backorder (I never got any type of contact from them letting me know this) and on it's way to the wearhouse I was told someone would contact me in two days about it, they never did. I e-mailed the company and got back a generic response saying that they had a new "system" and it's delaying processing time.

I called back today, and they said that most of the items on my order are out of stock and the wearhouse is waiting to hear back from the manufacturer. Ironically they told me I could cancel my order (not hiding behind the one hour poilcy), but I have to contact the wearhouse and there was no guarantee it would get cancelled in time, apparently the wearhouses e-mails take anywhere up to a week to process and that is the only way to contact them. They also told me it will be at least 10 days before it makes it to the wearhouse, then it sill has to be shipped to me, and they can't even tell me what items I will be getting out of my order! They bumped my order up to "high priority", but at this point I think it's all just a scam and they will tell you what they think you want to hear.

So, basically, I can't cancel my order and I will most likely not be receiving my items before Christmas, or maybe not even in January! I can't take the money and shop somewhere else (over $400) to replace my kids presents because whenever they get around to shipping whatever they are actually going to send out, they will charge my account. They tried offering my 20% off my next order and free shipping. Are you kidding me?????

I am NEVER shopping here on line nor in person again, and I spend THOUSANDS of dollars at this store every year because my kids love everything there. Thank you HOT TOPIC for putting so much stress on family's during a time that is supposed to be happy. Even if I get my order, or part of it, I will never spend money there again!

I Will not support a company that does not see a problem with putting it's customers through this. I should be wrapping presents and putting then under my tree, not wanting to take my tree down and crying because I'm so stressed I won't have anything for my kids Christmas morning.

Review about: Hot Topic Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

-splat-

You have fallen directly into the Commercial Christmas trap.

And it appears your children have too much junk already since your spend "thousands" of dollars per year with the company.

Anyone who would use a term like "heartbreaking" in reference to this has never suffered a truly heartbreaking situation.

Complaint : DENIED

to William #1408829

Right? By the title I thought it was going to some really horrible, life-altering experience.

(Also they refunded the money so it's not like it's a horrible scam with no intent on delivering the product) I mean, yes, that's frustrating, but it sounds like a typical "company was overwhelmed by response to holiday sales" experience. Not particularly professional on their end, but pretty par for the course for this time of year.

I lived overseas as a kid and it always took forever for stuff to arrive, sometimes after the holiday or birthday it was ordered for. My parents just told us what had happened, and that our presents would arrive later.

While I would be a little disappointed at first, it actually made it fun to have Christmas or a birthday last a little longer as the presents arrived. A little perspective is a good and healthy thing, is all I'm saying ¯_(ツ)_/¯